Saturday, July 6, 2013

1.2 Subtlety, Thy Name is Chan Seng

Alex's partner, Chan Seng stopped by the morning of her date with Carlo.  "This is a great opportunity - find out what you can.  We need the evidence to put him away.  We can bug your house and record everything!"

"..what?  Everything?"

"Well."  He waved a hand.  "We'll edit it down for court.  I'll be nearby listening in case he gets suspicious and something happens."

"Dressed like that?  Is that a burglar mask under your sunglasses?"

"I'm a SPY!  I know what I'm doing!"










































Carlo and Alexandria met in the square.  "There's a small self service bar nearby," he suggested.  "You're supposed to dress up, and I'm sure you'd look lovely."  Carlo's smile was charming, and Alex's blood was up.  It was more exciting than she expected. Doubtless he knew she was fishing, and he was playing along.  The risks were so much better than were this merely a date.





















"Why the dress code?  There's no one here, not even a bartender!"  Alex was rather confused.

"Clearly, you have a lot to learn about Monte Vista.  We even have a pizza parlor for anyone's use."

"Bizzare."  After a few drinks, Carlo readily agreed to return to her place rather than his.  She'd hoped to override his caution, get him to admit his involvement in the Teatro Fantastico embezzlement scandal.





















Way to be obvious, Chen!  Alex's frustration spiked when she saw the ice cream truck on the corner of her lot.  No one at all could find that suspicious!
























Alex giggled out, "I can believe I'm about to woo hoo with the mastermind of the Teatro Fantastico job!  I mean, it's so, it's so..."

"Impressed, are you?  Mastermind might be an exaggeration, but I'll certainly take the credit."  He smirked.

"But what I don't understand is how you could have gotten all the employees to cooperate like that?  The owner was out a lot of cash and didn't try to stop it!  He had to have known."

"Well, he had insured everything, no?  And bribes will cover the rest.  Greed is just rampant here, tsk.  Such a shame."


















That had been enough.  Carlo was arrested the next day.  Monte Vista was less eventful, when a few months later, Alex discovered she was pregnant.



Author's Note:  Sadly, Carlo aged up so I couldn't stretch this out like I wanted.  But I love the random stupid things this game does.  Chan really is listed as a spy (I forget the rank) in game.  I guess I've never played long enough to see that outfit?




1 comment:

  1. Wowwww. Risky to have sex with a suspect, at her own house, no less!

    ReplyDelete